woensdag 27 oktober 2010

Vanity Fair November 2010: Marilyn's Secret Diaries


Marilyn Monroe always has had this magic over her.. From when I was younger my mom would put up pictures from her in my room or little paintings I also had a Andy Warhol-esk painting of her that my cousin now has on his wall. Her beauty is still intruging after all these years.. She proved that after the whole 'Happy Birthday Mr. President' song on John F. Kennedy's birthday.

I think everyone feels connected to Norma-Jean. Maybe we all are a little bit like her because it seems that everyone is going crazy these days but don't even realize it. She did.. She knew exactly what her psych was doing to her.

The deeper meaning of Marilyn Monroe.. Everyone thinks they know the answer but my opinion is that woman like Marilyn Monroe will always be a mystery. That's why in 2010 people are still trying to figure her and her life out! It's hard to understand that a girl who had nothing and made it on her own still couldn't find what she was looking for. I don't think she even knew what she was looking for..  She had failed marriages and lots of lovers but Marilyn's true love was Joe DiMaggio. A New York Yankee player, friend of Frank Sinatra and a close connection to the maffia. He had a half-dozen red roses delivered 3 times a week to her crypt for 20 years. Unlike her other two husbands or others who knew her (or claimed to), he refused to talk about her publicly or otherwise exploit their relationship. He never married again. His last words were: 'Now I get to see Marilyn again'. True love lasts forever!

All you can hope for is that people like Marilyn have found peace somewhere else..

Vanity Fair:

Poring over the previously unseen diaries of Marilyn Monroe means searching for hidden meaning, even in her penmanship: in the world of handwriting science, fat, loopy t’s and squat, cursive d’s can signify a whole host of mental demons. VF.com spoke with an expert in the science, who analyzed Monroe’s words without knowing they were hers. A graphological investigation.

page 147

'Caught a Greyhound Bus from Monterey to Salinas. On the Bus I was the person woman with about sixty Italian fishermen and I’ve never met sixty such charming gentlemen—they were wonderful. Some company was sending them downstate where their boats and (they hoped) fish were waiting for them. Some could hardly speak english not only do I love Greeks [illegible] I love Italians. they’re warm, lusty and friendly as hell—I’d love to go to Italy someday.'

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen

you might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...